Scientific reviewed journal «Zhurnal Srednevolzhskogo Matematicheskogo Obshchestva» publishes original scientific articles and reviews on the physico-mathematical and engineering sciences, review articles, reflecting the most significant events in the mathematical life in Russia and abroad.
Priority tasks and directions of activity of scientific journal «Zhurnal Srednevolzhskogo Matematicheskogo Obshchestva» are:
- the publication of new scientific research results in the field of physical and mathematical sciences and engineering , trained at a high scientific level;
- published scientific reviews, including reflecting the most significant events in the mathematical life in Russia and abroad;
- further integration of publications in the international scientific and information space, improving the global index of citation of the journal in international scientific databases platforms;
- inclusion in information resources Scopus and Web of Science;
- expanding partnerships with foreign educational and publishing organizations;
- increase the publication activity of the authors of the Volga Federal district;
- attracting domestic and foreign authors with high citation indices;
- organization and development of transferable electronic version of the journal in English;
- enhancing the visibility and credibility of the publication, the increase in the number of subscribers;
- compilation and dissemination of educational and scientific institutions of the Russian Federation, CIS and far abroad;
- increase the publication activity of national authors, ranking of scientific organizations of Russia and level of national publications in worldwide academic community according to their citation;
- implementation of promotional activities;
- attracting sponsors and commercial organizations for cooperation and funding of the journal.
The target audience of the journal are Russian and foreign specialists in physico-mathematical and engineering branches of science; researchers and experts, teaching staff of universities, doctoral students, graduate students and students from Russian and foreign universities and research teams.
The journal publishes any author apart from his residence, nationality, scholastic degree, if he presents a material not released before and not supposed to be published simultaneously in other journals. Receipt of articles for publication is effected permanently.
Legal foundation of editorial policy
Right of authorship belongs to authors of articles. Federal state-financed academic institution of higher education «N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University» and Interregional public organization «Mid-Volga Mathematical Society» as founders has non-exclusive license for using of materials of journal «Zhurnal Srednevolzhskogo Matematicheskogo Obshchestva». Full or partial republication of materials in educational or research purpose is permitted only with reference to publisher’s imprint of journal with obligatory indication of copyright holder and names of articles authors.
It is essential to refer source with abidance by rules of referring at creating on the basis of published in the journal’s articles new, creatively independent materials, quotation and translation of fragments of articles. Editorial staff demands using proposed by staff rules.
Senior editor and editorial staff in preparation of articles conform following principles of professional activity:
- Respecting privacy rights of persons named in publications;
- Avoiding illegal and unethical ways of receiving of information;
- Informants’ confidentiality compliance in case they explicitly express will to stay anonymous;
- Relying of social and cultural values of targeted audience;
- Using only documental confirmed information;
- On describing problematic situations exposing different points of view;
- Avoiding evident prejudice, offending or depreciatory tone of publications;
- Publishing news on highest possible on-going basis;
- Resolving conflicts under a pre-action protocol.
Ethical issues of editorial policy
Editorial staff bears responsibility for making a decision on publication, validating its justification with the participation in discussion of submitted articles of top-level scientists of federal state-financed academic institution of higher education «N.P. Ogarev Mordovia State University» and science foundations as collective experts.
As a basis of the decision there is authenticity, scholarly importance and topicality of article under consideration. Editorial staff’s policy is based on modern legal requirements concerning libel, copyright, legitimacy, plagiarism, ethical principles, kept in community of leading scientific issues publishers.
Editorial staff’s policy is based on modern legal requirements concerning libel, copyright, legitimacy, plagiarism, ethical principles, kept in community of leading scientific issues publishers.
Editorial staff expects authors, submitting articles for publication, to maintain following principles:
- Theme topicality and academic novelty, originality of research problem and used methods of research;
- Weight of academic implications and intrinsic discussion of practical implications;
- Assignment of authenticity of researches and results of study;
- Information relevance;
- Error-free data presentation;
- Acknowledgement of other scholars’ contribution, obligatory presence of bibliographic references;
- Supplying information from confidential sources only upon authorization of their holders;
- Identification of each co-author that has made a substantial contribution into the research, approval of the final version of the paper by each of the co-authors and their approval of the paper submission for publication;
- Show up of potential conflicts of objectives (such as journey work, consultancy, shareholdings, fees, submission of professional opinions, patent applications or registrations, grants and other financial support, including the facts that can be perceived as the factors of impact produced onto the results and/or conclusions presented in papers);
- Immediate notification of any errors and/or inaccuracies identified by the author in any paper submitted for publication, and cooperation with the editor in early rectification of any errors or withdrawal of papers from publication, timely rectification of errors and/or inaccuracies identified by reviewers or editors.
Journal’s editorial policy is based upon traditional ethical principles of Russian academic periodicals; it supports Academic Periodicals Ethical Codex, stated by Committee on Publication Ethics (Russia, Moscow) and it is formed in account of standards of ethics of editors’ and publishers’ work confirmed by Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors and Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers, developed by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
According to Russian specialized publication laws and registration documents, up to 10% of journal’s volume is taken by advertisements, dedicated to advanced technologies in education, advisories of important events and academic conferences.
Free recall of journal’s material is allowed for personal purposes. Free use is permitted for informational, academic, educational and cultural purposes in compliance of paragraphs 1273 and 1274 of chapter 70, part IV of Civil Codex of Russia. Other types of use are possible only after making agreements in writing with copyright holder.